Congratulations to all our EDP Business Awards 2014 winners
Hosted by BBC Look East’s Stewart White, the evening culminated in the business of the year award sponsored by Barclays, and huge congratulations to the winning team at Watton-based pet food company Natures Menu, who were shortlisted alongside Naked Wines and 3Sun Group.
The occasion also underscored the work of Gardline chairman Gregory Darling, who received the Denise Anderson Award in recognition of his outstanding contribution to the Norfolk economy and for his dedication to the energy sector in Great Yarmouth.
As EDP editor Nigel Pickover remarked on the night: “We have had more than 250 entries to this year’s business awards – a true indicator of the remarkable companies we have here in East Anglia.
“It goes without saying that the quality of the applications was outstanding, leaving the judges with the difficult task of selecting the finalists amongst us here this evening.”
There was also a memorable keynote after dinner speech delivered by Dr Steve Bull, who served as the headquarters psychologist for Team GB at three Olympic Games, as well as being principal leadership coach for the England and Wales Cricket Board, working closely with the squad who succeeded in regaining The Ashes from Australia in 2009.
His insights into what makes winners in sport and how the lessons can also be learned in business, was truly inspirational. And we’ll never quite see the phrase ‘opportunity is nowhere’ in the same light again.
So we say congratulations to all our winners, and also to our finalists. It is a huge achievement to reach the finals and you are all examples of great businesses of which we can all be proud.
And we would also like to thank all of our entrants this year. If you didn’t make it to the finals, don’t give up, because there is always next year!
• Business of the year – Natures Menu
• Director of the year – Sophie Fulford of Winsor Bishop
• Design and development – LSI Architects
• Business development – Natures Menu
• Small business of the year – Selesti
• Outstanding IT initiative – Seaglaze Marine Windows
• Community impact – Bernard Matthews
• Best employer – Kinnerton Confectionery
• Environment and sustainability – Liftshare
• Food and farming excellence – East of England Co-operative
• International business – SealSkinz
• Customer Care – Richardsons Leisure
• Future50 One to Watch – Cornwall Energy Associates
• Denise Anderson Award for Outstanding Achievement – Gregory Darling
"We are very clear that these awards are about broadcasting far and wide the message that our business community has plenty to offer and contribute to our economic success as a region and the wider economic good."Ben WoodsEDP Business Editor